Thanyapura’s Hatha Yoga class is suitable for all levels, from complete beginners to the more experienced. It practises Suriyanamaskar (sun salutations) following with multi asanas (the physical postures). There is a strong focus on breathing and precise alignment entwined with yoga darchan (philosophy). Hatha is a type of yoga that focuses on physical exercises to strengthen the body, along with the mind. The word ‘Hatha’ is ‘force’ in Sanskrit, emphasising the athleticism needed for yoga. Yoga is a wonderful practice that benefits the individual in many ways.
Regular students can expect to see an increase in their strength from building up tone without bulking out the muscles, an increase in flexibility, improved respiration, energy and overall vitality, weight loss and a stable metabolic rate, improved cardiovascular health and overall athletic performance. Yoga benefits athletes and individuals from all disciplines as it builds on the foundations any athlete needs to improve their own sporting focus.
It is also builds awareness, as each movement demands focus and attention. Although yoga has been practiced for thousands of years, originating around the 5th or 6th Century BCE in ancient India, it has only relativeley recently gained prominance in the West – in the 20th Century. Today, millions of people regularly practice forms of yoga, and aspects of its influence can be found in gyms, schools, places of worship, before or after competitive sports games, and in homes around the world.
- Boosts immunity
- Calms the mind
- Alleviates tension in the body
- Tones the spine and body
What Should I Bring?
- Comfortable flowing pants and loose tops
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes
Additional Class Information
- If you have any injuries, please be assessed one on one and bring a medical certificate to participate in the class.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- All classes are on “First Come, First Serve” basis and subject to availability.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Club Services.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.
MEMBERS & HOTEL GUESTS
STAY WITH US
JOIN THIS CLASS
JOIN 3-MONTH MEMBERSHIP
- Discounts available for block bookings for multiple sessions.
- Individual and small groups (2-5 people) sessions also available on request.
Book Your Class
Let us know how we can help you and one of our dedicated concierge team will get back to you very quickly. You will also receive a copy of your enquiry send immediately to your inbox.