Thanyapura’s Vinyasa Yoga class is a quick-moving form of yoga. It focuses on poses that transition gracefully from one to another. This yoga class incorporates the foundations of Vinyasa yoga with options for advanced students seeking an extra challenge. Edify the mind and body and feel energized, and learn breathing techniques to calm the mind.
Vinyasa yoga is also a powerful tool to reduce stress as it acts as an active form of mind training. Practitioners control their movement through breathing, whilst flowing from one pose to another. Vinysasa refers to the poses, from Chaturanga to Upward and Downward Facing Dog. Learn about the four aspects of Vinyasa yoga and discover how body movement links to breathing. This class is suitable for intermediate through to advanced practitioners.
Yoga is a wonderful practice that benefits the individual in many ways. Regular students can expect to see an increase in their strength from building up tone without bulking out the muscles, an increase in flexibility, improved respiration, energy and overall vitality, weight loss and a stable metabolic rate, improved cardiovascular health and overall athletic performance. Yoga benefits athletes and individuals from all disciplines as it builds on the foundations any athlete needs to improve their own sporting focus. It is also builds awareness, as each movement demands focus and attention.
Although yoga has been practiced for thousands of years, originating around the 5th or 6th Century BCE in ancient India, it has only relativeley recently gained prominance in the West – in the 20th Century. Today, millions of people regularly practice forms of yoga, and aspects of its influence can be found in gyms, schools, places of worship, before or after competitive sports games, and in homes around the world.
Vinyasa Yoga Methodology
Practitioners control movement through breathing while flowing from one pose to another. Vinysasa refers to the poses, from Chaturanga to Upward and Downward Facing Dog. Learn about the four aspects of Vinyasa yoga. Discover how body movement links to breathing. Guests discern the link between breathing between postures. Practice goal-setting as you take the steps to reach it. Create continuous flow through movement and breathing.
Vinyasa yoga is for intermediate to advanced practitioners.
- Reduces depression, stress, and anxiety
- Helps you to stop poor habits
- Increases energy
- Get rids of migranes and headaches
- Improved cardiovascular health
What Should I Bring?
- Comfortable flowing pants and loose tops
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes
Additional Class Information
- If you have any injuries, please be assessed one on one and bring a medical certificate to participate in the class.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- All classes are on “First Come, First Serve” basis and subject to availability.
- Email: email@example.com or contact Club Services.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.
- Individual and small groups (2-5 people) sessions also available on request.
Contact Club Services to secure your place.