Yogilates is a fusion workout that combines traditional yoga poses with contemporary pilates, to create an effective and challenging class. The practice of Yogilates is safe and accessible for people of all abilities – from beginners to professional athletes. For those that may need a modified version of exercises,
Thanyapura’s instructor can help with this. Yogilates has a constantly developing methodology. Louise Solomon, founder of Yogalates (a form of Yogilates) has said, “It is how we make ourselves more comfortable, more functional and more connceted within their minds and bodies of everyday life.” Yogilates pulls from yoga therapy and the ‘8 limbs of yoga’, which lays the foundation for the exercises.
Participants can expect to see an improvement in their posture, movement and breathing techniques. When incorporated with pilates, an emphasis on pelvic and spinal stability is placed through a variety of practices.
Pilates follows a series of controlled movements designed to improve flexibility, build up strength, and develop control and endurance throughout the entire body. It places emphasis on alignment, breathing techniques, developing a strong core and improving coordination and balance. Often referred to as ‘The Powerhouse” in Pilates, the core is thought to be the main component in aiding stability.
As students become more confident with the poses, the complexity of the movements can be increased. As with more traditional forms of yoga, yogilates is more than a workout. It intentionally exercises the mind as well as the body.
- Increases your flexibility
- Aids in weight loss
- Improves posture
- Develops core strength
- Eases back pain
- Improves athletic performance
What Should I Bring?
- Wear loose-fitting clothing for maximum mobility
- Water bottle to stay hydrated
Additional Class Information
- Please turn off cell phones
- Avoid exercises that hurt the body
- If you have any injuries, please be assessed one on one and bring a medical certificate to participate in the class.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- All classes are on “First Come, First Serve” basis and subject to availability.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Club Services.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.